Sunday, May 18, 2008

Afterthoughts on Wayne PAF

SOLD
The high points of my week at the Wayne, PA Plein Air Festival? Getting to paint in Mrs.Hamilton's private estate garden...this was a gardener's dream come true...having been given a guided tour of the ten manicured acres and 6 greenhouses and told I could "paint anywhere" and they hoped I would not be disturbed by the guys moving potted trees outside to stage by the pool, how could I paint anywhere else? This photo is of my painting Mrs. Hamilton's Yellow Border on the easel under my umbrella, where it was painted.

I did manage to find a couple of other locations to set up my easel and put 5 framed paintings up on the walls at the Wayne Art Center's beautiful NEW Davenport Gallery for the gala exhibition preview opening Saturday night.

The 200+ framed paintings that 30 artists completed in 4 days (one an all day soaker) made for a truly stellar exhibit of what's being done in plein air painting these days. Oils dominated with just a handful of watercolors and another handful (mine) of pastels. I was delighted to be part of such a high quality exhibit.

And I am happy to return home and find the apple trees are still in bloom.

No comments:

Popular Posts