Monday, August 04, 2008

"I been everywhere, man"

SOLD
Well, Pennsylvania to Wisconsin to Minnesota and back! Mission accomplished - as stated in the previous post; 3150 miles of beautiful landscape (forgetting for a moment the 3 1/2 hours spent in 3mph traffic trying to get through/around Chicago! ), 12 paintings painted during the Door County Plein Air Festival, 4 sold during the exhibition, many new and interesting people met and some friends visited along the way...one of them a bonsai enthusiast & expert. I was delighted with my ride, but I can't seem to get the overall average above 48mpg in my '07 Prius. I am definitely not complaining.

This is "Jeweler's Garden", the painting I made in Wisconsin during the Saturday morning two hour quick-paint and purchased at auction. It went to a good home in Chicago...and I didn't have to drive it there - whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'tis a beauty! Do we get to see the others that you did at that event?

Anonymous said...

'tis a beauty! Are you planning to post the others from that event?

Rodrica Tilley said...

Sure, I'll be bringing one or two of the cherry orchard paintings to the Farm-Food show and I'll put up other paintings here. Thanks for looking.

Popular Posts