Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gibbs Garden Center


SOLD
Last Saturday I spent the day in LeRaysville, PA as the guest painter at Gibbs Garden Center. This 16 x 20 was an ambitious size for such a complex scene and it took me about 4 hours, by which time the light had completely changed. This explains the often small size canvas & boards that are preferred by many plein air painters. I prefer to work large...and I should have simplified accordingly...but I like it. The gardens are not in full bloom yet, so I'll be going back. It was a fun day...everone at Gibbs is friendly & nice and Grovedale Winery was hosting a wine-tasting while I was painting and the merriment crept into my painting I think. I brought home a couple of nice whites and three plants and a painting! My (artistic license) clothesline adds a nostalgic touch. It really is a very professional garden center that can answer your questions and help plan your gardens and solve horticultural problems.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow, I always love coming here, you inspire me so much! Time has been so rare for me to even attempt to create, I just got the curator position at the Philip Hone Gallery in Honesdale, I love being here and meeting all the artists, would love to have your work here, if you ever think about branching off, showing your work somewhere new? please call me the gallery http://www.philiphonegallery.com/
Your biggest fan Caroline

Popular Posts