Saturday, July 06, 2013

64 Miles, The Ashuelot River

Two of my plein air paintings have been accepted into this juried art exhibit highlighting the twisty length of this scenic and lively New Hampshire river. I posted the first painting earlier in the spring when I made it. This one was painted at the Atlantic Paper Mill ruins. (am I right about that location name? tell me.) It is called A Colourful Past. 

I'll be back exploring and painting this river in the months and seasons to come. Regular readers of this blog know that I like to find the unusual views and unsung spots. I'll leave the covered bridges for other artists to love, while I try to avoid poison ivy, searching out my own unique picture and learning a little local history.

This exhibit is on view all summer from July 19 until September 30, at the
Historical Society of Cheshire County, 246 Main St. Keene, New Hampshire.  603.352.1895 ext 5

No comments:

Popular Posts