Saturday, August 08, 2009

Stargazer

SOLD
Never say never. Watercolor is not a choice I ever make for plein air work...except for yesterday. Seated at the patio table facing my new Stargazer lily in a pot, I was tired. It was late and I felt I could probably manage a small watercolor. I painted it while my husband grilled up some burgers and corn. (Thank you, dear.) It's on rough Arches w/c paper and I did most of it with a 1/2" flat chisel brush (ran in the studio for a small pointed round for the speckles...no masking fluid.) It has good contrast & movement and great color! It was worth it's while and it'll be in a 10" maple box frame and on the studio wall soon. I'm pretty sure it will outlast the one in the pot I'm about to feed to some delighted critter in my garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're most welcome.

Pamela said...

Gorgeous! How inspiring. I got so excited looking at this. It makes one want to sit down immediately and try harder with watercolor. Thanks for the look. Love the value, flowers really pop. Would love to see more of your watercolors!

Rodrica Tilley said...

Thanks, Pam. I have been doing 4" square watercolors on rough paper. (12 - 20 a year?)They sell out in the studio pretty fast, so often I don't get them photographed and onto my website. Now that I know they are appreciated I will post more on the blog as I do them. Thanks so much for looking.

Popular Posts