Saturday, June 22, 2013

Where the Trail Meets the Road

SOLD
Dummerston, VT - Where West River Trail joins Quarry Road there is a nice high view of the water and mountains to the north. I hoped to get a Close of Day kind of painting. I usually aim to stay in the slow lane, but catching the last moments of daylight is no place for hesitation. I arrived at the scene at 7pm...made two trips to the car and was set up ready to paint by 7:14. No, nothing would make me skip my thumbnail sketch, but I only did one and it took about 5 minutes. I went with that. I painted as fast as I could for one hour and quit. I was home by 8:30. It is 12 x 12 and after some minor adjustments in the studio, will be for sale this summer. And I will try the same spot again another evening and also check out what it looks like at the Crack of Dawn, too.

No comments:

Popular Posts